Hello Marwan,

> I'm using RH9 and my ISP is Wanadoo.

> The problem is, when I run the doctor and it gets to displaying
> the DNS servers, it just hangs, it never continues. It seems that the
> connection is already open, so I thought it might be a routing problem, but,
> to my untrained eye, the output of route -n seems OK.

 For such simple setups Red Hat usually sets up routes correctly. I suspect 
your firewall setup is in the way. What does iptables -L -n show you? Is 
port 53 UDP open?

> You are using linux kernel version 2.4.20-8

 You should upgrade your system if you wish to connect it to the internet.

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!
End all weapons of mass destruction.


Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        

Reply via email to