Leonard den Ottolander wrote: > Not sure what the "doctor" is you mentioned in your first mail. I assume a >script to check connection settings. > It's the "speedtouch-doctor.sh" shell script that comes with the driver distrib.
>Are you using the user mode or the >kernel mode driver? > > uh... what? I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about... > You say you can't ping the DNS server, but you also don't know which DNS >server you are using. > I got the DNS server address from Windows ipconfig (since my connection works perfectly under it). And also, in the "doctor" output, it does say which DNS server the connection is using (and it's the same). >How does that work? By the way, the DNS server is >mentioned in the output you sent us in your previous mail. > Exactly. >Can't you ping >any outside machine by IP? > > If pinging or browsing by IP works (note that some internet servers, eg >http://www.redhat.com do *not* reply to pings, try 195.135.220.3 for >http://www.suse.de) you can set your /etc/resolv.conf to use known DNS >servers. To use the DNS servers provided by your ISP you need to add the >"usepeerdns" option to the ppp config file (typically /etc/ppp/peers/adsl). >This will update /etc/ppp/resolv.conf, which you will have to copy to >/etc/resolv.conf. I do this in my adsl startup script. > > If pinging or browsing by IP does not work and your firewall is down I >wouldn't know what the problem is. Your output from ifconfig looks fine. > > I'll try this tonight, since it's on my home PC. I'll keep you up to date. > Security updates can be found at your local Red Hat mirror. See >http://www.redhat.com/download/mirror.html . When using the Red Hat ftp >server the path is ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates . Should >be similar on mirrors. > > Thanks Marwan Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
