> PPS: David Woodhouse and I have implemented firmware loading in
> the speedtouch
> module, so there will soon be no need to use modem_run with the
> kernel module.

Hello. I have same questions about modem_run and load firmware in kernel
module. I use other modem, Zyxel 630, and other project,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zyxel630-11/ . ¿It is the place?

I don’t know too much about all this, I work whit “tray and error”…

To insert amload, like modem_run, inside kernel I try to look how modem_run
work. But :^S …. ¿modem_run stay resident in memory after load firmware?
Amload load firmware, sync line and exit. ¿SpeedTouch auto re-sync line or
modem_run do it?

Amload have a “char inifirm[] = {0x04, 0xa0, 0x00, 0x47, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00,
0xea,0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0xea, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xea,....”. I suppose it have
to be take out source before move to kernel module, isn’t it?

Sorry for my English….

Aurelio Arroyo.