Andy

I feel that I'm inching closer to resolving this issue (with your guidance).

I copied the speedtch files over as directed and now have flashing modem
lights during boot up.  However, it still hasn't made a connection.

I'm still a bit suspicious about this resolv.conf file in /etc.  It is
showing a broken link to the same named file in /etc/ppp but the file does
not exist in the latter location.  Do you think this is another problem
area?

Roger.