you're right, basic theme uses globaltoc.html template. but the code
in there just calls the toctree() template function. which I also do.
my question goes beyond that.

my system doesn't seem to know any localtoc() function.

where can i see which functions are available in the template, and how
to use them?

thanks for your insight :)

a.