thanks to everyone! meantime I ve found an interesting conversion here http://www.hotrodders.com/cgibin/ubb/18/000223
and I read more against DOT 5, then for. Air absorption, difficult bleeding, beads of moisture, vapor lock, longer travel of the pedal, critical conversion from DOT 3&4 to DOT 5 because of the jelly created when the smallest trace of DOT 4 is mixed with DOT 5 etc. I have a working brake system with DOT 4. Has anyone had a successful conversion without disassembling every cylinder and the whole line? -----Original Message----- From: Richard Gosling [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 2:33 PM To: Bsna, Piter, VF-Hungary; [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: RE: DOT 5 I'm pretty sure that DOT 5.1 is NOT silicone, it has to be DOT 5 Beyond that I'm afraid I'm not much of an expert, I'm sure you'll get better answers from others... Richard & Daffy ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Important Notice: The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged. If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender urgently and dispose of this email -----------------------------------------------------------exp. /// [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list /// Send admin requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] /// or try http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool /// Archives at http://www.team.net/archive /// Send list postings to [EMAIL PROTECTED] /// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.
