BTDT. Try wiggling while pulling down. If you resort to tapping it (and tap the cap, not the crank), make sure that you carefully note how it goes back because when
it comes loose, it may fall all the way off onto the floor.

Best!

Greg Rowe

From: "Nolan Penney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: How to remove rear big end bearing cap?
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 05:32:40 -0500

Sounds like nary but the oil film holding it in place.  And that oil
film can have quite a tenacious grip!

A little bit of careful prying and or tapping will most likely break
the grip, and then the cap will come off.

>>> Spitfire 1500 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12/23/2005 12:30:16 AM >>>

Problem: I can't seem to get the rearmost big end bearing cap off. I
can wiggle
it forwards & backwards a tiny bit, but it won't budge in any other
direction.
Looking at the diagrams and such, I don't see how this is possible.
Should
I tap gently on the crankshaft a bit rearword? It seems from the tiny
view
I have, thrust bearings are in there.

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

===     http://www.vtr.org

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air
===     http://www.team.net/donate.html

===  unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or try
===  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
===  Other lists available at
===      http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo
===  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive