Sounds like nary but the oil film holding it in place.  And that oil
film can have quite a tenacious grip!  
 
A little bit of careful prying and or tapping will most likely break
the grip, and then the cap will come off.


>>> Spitfire 1500 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12/23/2005 12:30:16 AM >>>

Problem: I can't seem to get the rearmost big end bearing cap off. I
can wiggle
it forwards & backwards a tiny bit, but it won't budge in any other
direction.
Looking at the diagrams and such, I don't see how this is possible.
Should
I tap gently on the crankshaft a bit rearword? It seems from the tiny
view
I have, thrust bearings are in there.


-----------------------------------------------------
The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is 
intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally 
privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby 
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this 
communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this 
communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it 
from your computer system. Thank you. 
-----------------------------------------------------
<<<<GWIASIG 0.07>>>>

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

===  This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register
===     http://www.vtr.org

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air
===     http://www.team.net/donate.html

===  unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or try
===  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
===  Other lists available at
===      http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo
===  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
===  http://www.team.net/the-local
===  Edit your replies!

Reply via email to