I wish I could do that, but oddly this cap has what looks like already a bolt 
onto it, but it looks moreso 5-sided, and it won't unscrew.
I tried gripping that with a socket wrench, but no luck.

I will give it another try tomorrow. I had to take my MINI in today to the 
shop(towing it and all), but they
gave me a 2005 MINI Cooper S with an automatic for a loaner. Fun!

Mark Jones wrote:
Hi;

This is an easy one: screw a bolt into the centre of the cap. Take a large screwdriver or chisel and place it under the edge of the bolt head and tap the end of the screwdriver/chisel with a hammer. rotate the screwdriver/chisel around the bolt head so that you evenly pull up the bearing end cap.

Good luck.

Mark
1980 Spitfire 1500

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

===  This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register
===     http://www.vtr.org

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air
===     http://www.team.net/donate.html

===  unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or try
===  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
===  Other lists available at
===      http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo
===  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
===  http://www.team.net/the-local
===  Edit your replies!

Reply via email to