Todd:

Maybe I'm just not understanding your full situation, but it would seem that lets say you have 100 Psi at the top and 190 Psi at the first floor and 175 Psi at the second floor. (Nice high first floor for conventions or meeting rooms restaurants ect.) I would look at the XH pipe up to the 2nd floor, Prv on hose stations on the first floor only, and 250Psi rated heads and system for the first floor.
Does that make sense, as opposed to a Diesel, if an Elect. will work?
Thom McMahon
Firetech, Inc.
2560 Copper Ridge Dr
Steamboat Springs, CO 80488-2136
Tel: 970-879-7952
Fax: 970-879-7926
----- Original Message ----- From: "Todd Williams - work" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 7:22 AM
Subject: pump tricks


I seem to be running into several situations lately where there is a very fine balancing act between meeting the 100 psi at the top outlet of the standpipe and not exceeding 175 psi at the base of the riser. (6 story hotels are a good example) Does anybody have any good ideas they'd care to share on making these work? I'd like to limit the use of extra-heavy pipe and fitting (especially larger sizes) and PRVs. I have several tricks up my sleeve, but I'm running out of sleeves.

Todd

Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
860-535-2080
www.fpdc.com
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum




_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to