I have not seen the writing, but the State FM here in CT
(taxachusetts south) has disallowed manual standpipes in the past.
I'm trying to find out for sure.
At 05:53 PM 2/7/2007, you wrote:
Here in taxachusetts, we can omit the pump if sprinkler will work off street
pressure and the inside hose allowances can be flowed at whatever the street
provides per our Building Code ('93 Boca w/amendments). But (sorry Sister),
a performance test must be done with a pumper truck to meet the 100 PSI
flowing at 500+250+250... for acceptance. One worthwhile note is our
Building Code requires the non-pumped standpipes be hydraulically sized
based upon 150 PSI at the FDC. I sometimes have to take pressures to 175
PSI on the FDC gauge to make them work. So much for shop drawings, huh?
No manual standpipes here unless granted relief by the ZBA.
Tom Duross
Todd G. Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, Connecticut
860-535-2080
www.fpdc.com
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum