once upon a midnight dreary, the listing required vane type water flow switches to be a minimum distance away from the main drain. Although, if the same switch was part of a listed shotgun riser assembly, it could be installed much closer to the main drain. I haven't looked lately.

Truth can be stranger than fiction.

Roland

On Feb 8, 2007, at 11:38 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

FYI The distance from a fitting or valve is only a "should" not a shall. There are no UL or NFPA requirements regarding distance. There are a number of riser assemblies on the market that put the switch closer than the stated 24" from a valve or drain. If the switch works during the test after installation it's a good installation.

Mike Cabral

---- Steve Leyton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Look at the tech data sheet for the switch. For Potter Signal products in the installation guidelines ...

Steve Leyton
Protection Design & Consulting


-----Original Message-----
From: Loren Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 11:06 AM
To: Sprinkler Forum
Subject: WATERFLOW SWITCHES


Forum:

Can anyone direct me to where it indicates that a
waterflow switch for a wet pipe system has to be so
many inches away from the control valve or an
elbow/tee?

I seem to have seen this somewhere before, but now I
am unable to locate it. I thought it was in a pre-
vious edition of 13, but I'm not sure.

Thank you.


Loren Johnson - CFPS, CET
Fire Protection System Consultant
The Hitchcock Company
Peoria, IL



_____________________________________________________________________ _______________
Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.
http://new.mail.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to