I think you answered a different issue - that being can the structural member at the point of connection carrying the load.

Roland

On May 28, 2008, at 7:51 AM, Todd Williams - FPDC wrote:

Bill,

I think that you may have discovered another disconnect between theory and practice. To my knowledge, none of the AHJs in my area have either the expertise or staff to do a review on seismic. My guess is that they are just going to say "yes, there is seismic". That is pretty much what I see now and I don't see it changing, given municipal budgeting. The exception could possibly be in larger cities or at the state level. The structural engineer from the design team (assuming that there is one) would be the only person qualified to do an actual review. Whether they ever see sprinkler shop drawings is questionable.


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to