I believe all of these local legislative acts will be mute the first
time a person dies in a single family dwelling that SHOULD have been
sprinklered based on the 2009 IRC. I will stongly feel the pain of the
family that this happens to and will hope that they explore all of the
legal avenues available to them at the time this happens (and it will
happen, it's a matter of statistics and time).

It is my understanding that jurisdictions have the option of making
the code that they adopt more restictive but not less restrictive. If
they want to pass legislation like this then they will have to find
another code (other than the IRC) that suits them better.

This argument argument should be passed on to all local district
attorneys   who are in jurisdictions that these laws are being
proposed. Am I wrong? Please somebody tell me if I am off base on my
restrictions assumption.

Justin D. Reid, P.E.
RLH Fire Protection
16735 Saticoy St. #110
Van Nuys, CA 91406
213-798-0251

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 1, 2009, at 10:02 PM, "Ryan J. Smith"
<r...@residentialfiresprinklers.com