Forest, I'm a little confused (but not to worry, I spend many days this
way):
I've seen pumps start off a deluge, traditional pressure principle, stepped,
but by low city pressure?
My first crusty thought was a low suction control valve but that must not be
right.
What you say is correct, that BFP will fuss with the city settings,
obviously.
Like Ron said, I need a picture or maybe some clarification as to its
purpose and/or design.
Sorry but you've piqued my interest..
Tom


Yes, Tom.
It is a low suction sensing line, installed on the system side of the
backflow.
I thought they should be installed city/ supply side, apparently I am
incorrect.
I thought the sensing line would not be effective on the system side,
because you could have the city main shut down and still show pressure on
the system side of the backflow.

>
> I saw a pump recently with the sensing line installed on the system side
of
> the backflow.
> What is the reason for installing on the system, rather than the city side
> of the backflow?
> Am I correct that it should be on the city side?
>
> Forest Wilson

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to