From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of Cahill,
Christopher
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 5:01 PM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: 2007 12.2.1 Small hose stations

May not help if '02 is the adopted code. AHJ technically doesn't have the
authority just to use another code.  And it would be hard to use alternate
methods if the base is hose stations.  How do you take them out but provide
equivalent protection.  Don't get me wrong hose stations IMHO have very
limited uses.  If you are really paranoid even if granted you are liable
should anything go wrong.  Yes I find it hard to believe there is any
scenario where hose stations or not make the difference but that's why I'm
not an insurance lawyer.

Chris Cahill, PE*
Senior Fire Protection Engineer, Aviation & Facilities Group Burns &
McDonnell
8201 Norman Center Drive
Bloomington, MN 55437
Phone:  952.656.3652
Fax:  952.229.2923
ccah...@burnsmcd.com
www.burnsmcd.com

Proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For *Registered in:
MN