I also knew George on and off forum.  Had many private emails back and
forth, telephone conversations, advice, guidance and support.
George called me, back after I had first met he and Cathy at the San Diego
conference.  "Hey, want to come over and test some pumps with us?".  
"Sure" I said.  My brother and I loaded up my truck and trekked from MA to
PA and met George at his home.  At the time the office was in his basement,
Ken was a newbie.  George wouldn't allow us to stay in a hotel, he made us
guests in his home for a week.  I had a marvelous and unforgettable time
enjoying Cathy's great cooking, getting tours of the area and working with
George's crew.  His workers really liked him because he cared about them,
helped them and was genuinely interested in their lives and success in this
business.  I never met anyone in my life with the work ethic of George.
He'd be downstairs working until the 11:00 news came on and then get up at
3:30, every day.  I don't know how he did it.  My brother and I would be up
at 5 having coffee on his porch and he already had an estimate done and out,
billing, ordered stock and was ready to head down to the shop to open up and
meet the guys.  He was just amazing.  He and Cathy had rescued this
beautiful little dog named Elvis who had been terribly abused by his
previous owner, his jaw was so out of joint he couldn't close his mouth.
George and Cathy nurtured him back to health and he was just the happiest
little thing.  I stopped at his house on one of my trips to the Carlisle
mopar show.  I was driving my '65 convertible.  I missed them but left a
picture.  Next thing I knew he had that TR6 and what a nice job he did
restoring it.  I was so glad to see that because I never knew George to
spend much on himself as he spent so much on others in so many wonderful
ways.   That ragtop gave him so much well deserved enjoyment (I tried to
talk him into buying a Harley too).

George I'm so grateful to have known you, thanks to this great forum, and to
call you my friend.

TD

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to