Mike, >From the current available tools to predict activation times, and my current >"guess" at what LOW from NFPA 13, 5.2 is, I think the activation time >difference between a 155F QR and a 200F QR is about 6 seconds per foot of >ceiling height. I looked at 10 through 20 foot clg hgt, so at 10 ft the diff >is 6 sec, at 12-6 the diff is 15 sec, etc, so I appreciate the fact that temp >is not one of the 4 criteria for QR Reduction. I try not to predict the >outcome of modeling calcs ( bcoz I usually get it bassakwards), but I would >think with a 2'-6" ceiling height Ord thru High Temp, SR or QR, would provide >a reasonable degree of protection. But being NICET certified means we don't >have to think, we just have to do it by the book, which I also appreciate!
brad > On Apr 19, 2014, at 4:30 PM, Brad Casterline <[email protected]> wrote: > > It sure would be nice if the book said something like "for 30" tall attics, > stub some dry uprights up in there at about 10x10 spacing, at about 15" > deflector, and tell the concealed space Marketeers to have a nice day :) > >> On Apr 19, 2014, at 4:14 PM, Travis Mack <[email protected]> wrote: >> >> 30" deep may require the use of specially listed concealed space sprinklers >> if it is a roof with slope of less than 2:12. >> >> But to your original question, temp does not negate the use of the qr >> reduction. >> >> Travis Mack, SET >> MFP Design, LLC >> >> Sent from my iPhone >> >>> On Apr 19, 2014, at 1:53 PM, <[email protected]> wrote: >>> >>> Brad, >>> >>> That was my thought also. >>> >>> >>> Mike Bell >>> Senior Designer, S.E.T. Lvl IV >>> Aero Automatic Sprinkler Company >>> 21605 N Central Ave >>> Phoenix AZ 85024 >>> PH: (623) 580-7848 >>> FX: (623) 580-5230 >>> Mobile: (623) 229-4980 >>> [email protected] >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> -----Original Message----- >>> From: [email protected] >>> [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Brad >>> Casterline >>> Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2014 1:47 PM >>> To: [email protected] >>> Subject: Re: Intermediate Q.R. Sprinklers >>> >>> No, there are 4 criteria to meet, and temp is not one. >>> >>>> On Apr 19, 2014, at 3:43 PM, <[email protected]> wrote: >>>> >>>> Does the use of a 200deg Q.R. sprinkler negate the Design Area Reduction >>>> for the remote area? >>>> I am calculating an unused attic of a school trailer approximately 2'-6" >>>> deep. Heads above & below with the greater number of sprinklers in the >>>> attic area. >>>> >>>> Mike B >>>> Aero Fire >>>> _______________________________________________ >>>> Sprinklerforum mailing list >>>> [email protected] >>>> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org >>> _______________________________________________ >>> Sprinklerforum mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org >>> >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> Sprinklerforum mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org >> _______________________________________________ >> Sprinklerforum mailing list >> [email protected] >> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org > _______________________________________________ > Sprinklerforum mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
