LOL Horizontal Fire Wall......we inspectors are still scratching our heads how
this meets the performance definition of a firewall...collapse on one side,
stays in place....then again sprinkler guys are famous for skyhooks. You just
can't make this stuff up.

John Drucker - Mobile Email
jdruc...@redbanknj.org<mailto:jdruc...@redbanknj.org>
Cell/Text 732-904-6823

"rongreenman ." <rongreen...@gmail.com> wrote:

Roland,

Would you think with all the hoopla about non-combustible floor assemblies
being equivalent to horizontal fire walls. and high rises typically not
needing vertical fire separation, that a floor would fit a loose definition
of a zone? Two floors, even if within the area limits of a single system
seem to define two zones. Just thinking, and remember that Leyton was
concerned this morning that my meds have lost their efficacy, so I may just
be having another flashback to the sixties.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 12:00 PM, David Blackwell <
david.blackw...@llr.sc.gov> wrote:

> On a related note and of interest to this forum should be the change to
> next section, IFC 914.3.1.2, in the 2015 edition.  The limiting phrase "In
> buildings that are more than 420 feet (128m) in building height," has been
> added to the 2015 edition published by ICC.  Prior to that change, the 2012
> edition applied the separate supply piping requirement per IFC 914.3.1.2
> more broadly to include high-rise buildings below that height.
>
> Respectfully,
>

> David W. S. Blackwell, II, PE, CFPE, CFI I
> Chief Engineer
> Office of State Fire Marshal
> SC Department of Labor, Licensing, & Regulation, 141 Monticello Trail,
> Columbia, SC 29203
> Telephone: 803.896.9800 [Office] 803.896.9833 [Direct]
> Fax: 803.896.9806 [Office]
> Email:   david.blackw...@llr.sc.gov
> Website:  http://www.scfiremarshal.llronline.com/
>

> Please note that you can sign up to receive automatic information on SC
> Division of Fire and Life Safety current events, policies, laws and
> procedures by visiting our Web site at:
> http://www.scfiremarshal.llronline.com/

Ron Greenman
Instructor
Fire Protection Engineering Technology
Bates Technical College
1101 So. Yakima Ave.
Tacoma, WA 98405

rgreen...@bates.ctc.edu

http://www.bates.ctc.edu/fireprotection/

253.680.7346
253.576.9700 (cell)

Member:
ASEE, SFPE, ASCET, NFPA, AFSA, NFSA, AFAA, NIBS, WSAFM, WFC, WFSC

They are happy men whose natures sort with their vocations. -Francis Bacon,
essayist, philosopher, and statesman (1561-1626)

A problem well stated is a problem half solved. -Charles F. Kettering,
inventor and engineer (1876-1958)