The only thing I see in either the standard or the argument from  NFSA that
refers to maximum area is that you may out of the uppermost floor control
valve if that floor and the floor below cumulatively do not exceed the
maximum area for one floor. Say second from top is 35K and topmost is 17K.

On Thursday, September 1, 2016, Parsley Consulting <
[email protected]> wrote:

> Jeff,
>     I'm kind of curious how you've decided that 30,000 square foot per
> floor exceeds the allowable floor space per riser.  Aren't the values in
> 8.2.1 supposed to be applied to any one floor area?
>
> *Ken Wagoner, SET Parsley Consulting*
>
>
>
>
>
> * 350 West 9th Avenue, Suite 206 Escondido, California 92025 Phone
> 760-745-6181 Visit our website <http://www.parsleyconsulting.com/> *
> On 09/01/2016 10:45 AM, Jeff Bridges wrote:
>
> I would respectfully disagree with the below analogy.
>
> Example: (4) Story building consisting of 30K SF per floor
>
> Single lead-in supply- combo standpipe with floor controls.
>
> How can it be considered a single system when it exceeds the allowable
> floor space per riser?
>
> Just sayin’
>
>
>
> Jeff Bridges
>
> JBFP Inc
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> *I have to disagree with this analysis that a floor control valve defines
> a system. A floor control valve is not even defined individually in 2013
> whereas a sprinkler system is (no mention of floor control valves) as are
> control valves. As always, I would consider a system to be what it has
> always been and the addition of the required floor control valve and
> associated requirements on systems in multi-story buildings just nationally
> codifies a common practice hereabouts of building a system that has
> isolatable floors. This way an entire large building does not need to be
> drained to make a repair or for a T.I., leaves fore protection in service
> on floors not effected and also conserves water.  I'm open to an argument
> that changes my mind but this one doesn't.*
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing [email protected] 
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[email protected]');>http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
>
>
>

-- 
Sent from Gmail Mobile
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to