From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of Steele, Andrew
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 5:45 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: Building Heights Requiring Standpipes

Good example diagrams are in the ICC Fire /Bldg Code Commentary books.

On Aug 8, 2018 18:01, Jim Davidson
<jdavid...@davidsonassociates.net<mailto:jdavid...@davidsonassociates.net>>
wrote:
Go to the Building Code for the definition of height above lowest level of FD
Access, if ICC's IBC then call for a code interpretation and if needed ask for
a written response.
The ICC has been through this problem a few times. Some jurisdictions
specifically define the height above the lowest level of FD access.
Have a fire safe day!
Jim Davidson