From: Sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org> On
Behalf Of Cesar Lira
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2018 1:53 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: Building Heights Requiring Standpipes

Hi.

I have a doubt. NFPA13 request that all sprinklers system shall have a
Retarding device. But in our  sprinkler systems installed we are not using
it. Because we have a water flow sensor above check alarm instead of an
alarm pressure switch or water motor alarm.
Is it correct as I have it?. What would be the purpose of installing the
retarding device if the alarm pressure switch or water motor alarm are not
installed. My client demands to me this devices and I am looking for how can
defend that I not having installed it

I need to know if a water flow alarm and the pressure switch alarm are both
necessary? Or just one of this options.