From: tston...@comcast.net <tston...@comcast.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2022 10:13 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Steel pipe failure rates

Are there any studies comparing the failure rates of Schedule 10 steel pipe
versus schedule 40 steel pipe used on wet water filled sprinkler systems?
I have a client who is not allowing the use of schedule 10 Main piping 2 ½" and
larger on their projects. All piping used has to be schedule 40.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
G. Tim Stone

G. Tim Stone Consulting, LLC
NICET Level III Engineering Technician
Fire Protection Sprinkler Design
and Consulting Services

   117 Old Stage Rd. - Essex Jct., VT. 05452
                 CELL: (802) 373-0638
             tston...@comcast.net<mailto:tston...@comcast.net>