From: Anthony Johnson <mountainfirepr...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2023 2:26 PM
To: Discussion list on issues relating to automatic fire sprinklers
<sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Re: Duct obstruction criteria in LH attic

The 3x rule is the only one we think would apply but it only applies to
structural components.

Best Regards,
Anthony Johnson
Mountain Fire Protection
'Saving Lives and Valuing Property'

On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 12:58 PM Taylor Schumacher
<tay...@sfsprinkler.com<mailto:tay...@sfsprinkler.com>> wrote:
When you cannot apply one of the obstruction rules, it does not mean that there
isn’t an obstruction.

If you think about this scenario the same way you would with sprinklers
directly attached to a pipe, that’s where to start. Look at the 3x rule or
sprinklers on each side.

Taylor Schumacher
Security Fire Sprinkler<http://www.j-berd.com/>
1 Industrial Blvd | Sauk Rapids, MN 56379