"D. Richard Hipp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> [...]
>>      - page size
>
> 512 to 64K selectable at compile-time.  Default: 1K
>
> [...]
>>      - max blob size
>
> Adjustable at compile-time up to 2^64 bytes. Performance for large
> BLOBs is not good and it is recommended that large BLOBs be stored
> in separate files. The default compile-time limit will be 1MB.

It would be nice to be able to define the above sizes at database
creation time instead of compile-time. My use case is that I would
like to link a program against a prebuilt libsqlite distributed by an
OS vendor, but I also want to increase both page size and max blob
size. (The program I have in mind is Monotone,
<http://www.venge.net/monotone/>.)

I have a similar problem with character encoding in the current SQLite
versions, by the way. I store UTF-8 encoded data from a Python program
using PySQLite using a prepackaged SQLite, but since the prepackaged
libsqlite is built without SQLITE_UTF8, I can't use LIKE et.al. in the
way I want to. It's good to hear that this will be improved in SQLite
3.0.

        Regards,
        Joel

--
Joel Rosdahl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Key BB845E97; fingerprint 9F4B D780 6EF4 5700 778D  8B22 0064 F9FF BB84 5E97