Get me off of this list

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 5, 2017, at 04:48, Lifepillar <lifepil...@lifepillar.me> wrote:

On 05/12/2017 09:24, Guy Harris wrote:

>>>  From the OP’s other thread here it looks like they’re developing
>>>  for iOS or macOS, neither of which have the sorts of multiple
>>>  runtimes you’re talking about (is that a Windows thing?)
>>
>> I had believed it was Windows since "DLL" was mentioned
>
> No, the original message said
>
>> Btw, if I build my extension as a dynamic library and load it
>> in a SQLite shell, all is fine.
>
> which says "dynamic library", rather than "DLL"; the term "dynamic" is
> used with most UN*X implementations of shared libraries (and the file
> suffix used for shared libraries on Darwin-based systems such as macOS
> and iOS is ".dylib").
>
>> and that is a Windows (or OS/2) contraction for dynamic load library.
>> I don't think anything else uses that term in quite the same way.
>
> The initialism "DLL" is a sign that the system being discussed is
> almost certainly Windows.  The word "dynamic", however, isn't - it may
> even be a sign that it's a UN*X, as they probably would have said
> "DLL" were it Windows.

My fault, I should have mentioned my platform's details. As already
pointed out, I'm on macOS, and, specifically, I'm building my project
with Xcode.

On Dec 4, 2017, at 11:59 AM, Keith Medcalf <kmedc...@dessus.com> wrote:

>> You should only be defining SQLITE_CORE if in fact the extension is
>> part of the core -- that is compiled and included (statically linked)
>> to the core sqlite3.c compilation unit.
>
> Which it is, in this case. The OP said that both sqlite and the
> extension are static libraries, so they’re both being linked directly
> into the executable.
>
> I’m not sure what’s going on. Life, can you post a backtrace of the
> crash?

I'll try to make a minimal reproducible example. For now, I have fixed
my issue by linking my extension to the sqlite library rather than to my
executable.

Life.