On 3/21/18, Jonathan Moules <jonathan-li...@lightpear.com> wrote:
> So, I'm back to being stuck on this.
> I have inserted 500,000 random urls (no extra lookups - still just
> 1000), and now the query (as per the below reply) is back to being
> somewhat slow (I'm using sqlite 3.15) at about 0.6s per request.

Do you have the ability to compile SQLite from canonical sources?  If
so, please try again with the tip of the join-strength-reduction
branch (https://www.sqlite.org/src/timeline?r=join-strength-reduction).

To compile on Windows:

(1) Download a tarball or ZIP archive (or SQLite Archive) and unpack it.
(2) Run "nmake /f makefile.msc sqlite3.c"

On unix:

(1) Download and unpack as before
(2) ./configure; make sqlite3.c

The only dependence for the above is having a "tclsh" somewhere on your $PATH.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org