On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 6:28 PM Rowan Worth <row...@dug.com> wrote:

> FWIW in the building I work in we have 20-30 users hitting around a dozen
> SQLite DBs 8 hours a day 5 days a week, with all DBs served over nfs.

Multiple writers? I presume you use WAL mode?

> Erm, I got a bit carried away. My point is, it's not all doom and gloom.

Yey :) I think that might be good enough (see my previous email)

And nfs on OSX seems to be a
> non-starter; not sure what's going on with that client implementation but
> the brief experimentation I've done with it suggested that corruption was
> guaranteed.

Aww :( Dammit Apple. I'll have to experiment too.

> We plan to migrate to an actual SQL server
> for that reason, but please don't take it as a criticism of SQLite - I
> think it does a marvelous job in a scenario it definitely wasn't designed
> for.

Before you do that, did you see bedrockdb? http://bedrockdb.com/
 (Although it looks like the github repo is being a little bit ignored by
Expensify)

Wout.