Thank you for your insight into the state of SQLite "Typing."  I think
this further exposes the need to establish our level of conformance to a
pretty much pervasive database standard (SQL.)  I'm not certain that IBM
was the initiator of the term "Gray Area" but they certainly have
greatly increased it's influence at least in the world of computers.

In every IBM manual I ever used there was always the Standard, white
back grounded "Standard" text and a very large portion of "Gray Area,"
gray background text, commonly referred to as "Enhancements" or
"Extensions."

If one avoided the gray areas, theoretically the exercises undertaken
were "Platform independent."

Perhaps if we intend to venture beyond the "Standard" (SQL) it might be
time to put a little prominent "Gray" on the Wiki Pages.  And, as IBM
did/does allow one to error in his/her own choice of death by
"Enhancement."

Personally I always have thought the int -> int = int can be an extreme
pain in the ...  But, I know about it and have adapted.  The same can be
said for "Dynamic Typing."  I just say make that text very "Gray."  And
if possible "User Controlled" optional.

>From my standpoint, I was merrily cruising along with the "old" SQLite
2.8.x implementation.  But the switch to 3,x,x has been at best,
"eventful."  Seems with each new day I either find something old
obscurely broken or yet another way to shoot myself in the foot with a
3.x.x "Enhancement." :-)  Ah, life on the "bleeding edge"!

BTW.  On the Windose machine, footprint (.dll size): 2.8.x, 219K; 3.x.x,
245k (today)  equals +36k,  If you had yet another 36K what could you
do?  As modern PDA's now seem to have a minimum of 8M or so.  And these
kind of enhancement requests just keep coming.

Fred