Well, since you put it that way.  May I go one step farther and request
that this new Dynamic Type also adhere to "Bankers Rounding" commonly
implemented as BCD in other so equipped databases.

For years I have spent countless hours testing  and sweating rounding
and comparisons using "Float" (Real?) fields because (IMHO) the database
designers were scientific mathematicians and the world of users were
99%^ business types.  So, spare me further anguish... :-)

Fred