On 14 Dec 2019, at 8:49pm, Donald Shepherd <donald.sheph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gut feel is that the divide will fall such that embedded use cases want the
> memory and PC or equivalent use cases want the CPU.

I read here around 18 months ago that more than half of SQLite installations
were on mobile phones (presumably including tablets which run iOS or Android).
So a consideration would be which option was of best advantage on a mobile
phone.

Unfortunately I don't know what the performance stats or speeds of mobile
phones are, or which option would give the best payoff.  The only thing I've
seen recently was that iPhone stats and capabilities are roughly equivalent to
those of high-end Android phones, so an argument which applies to one should
apply to the other.