Dominique Devienne wrote on Monday, December 16, 2019 7:46 AM
>On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 2:27 PM Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

>> QUESTION:  Should this feature be default-on or default-off?
>>
>> What's more important to you?  0.25% fewer CPU cycles or about 72KB
>> less heap space used per database connection?

>Backward compatibility. I.e. if I change nothing in my build, and upgrade
>the amalgamation,
<then I get the behavior closest to the one before this change. Which if
>default-off at compile-time.

For my own clarification... if this is default-on, and I upgrade the
amalgamation, the performance will be improved *and* the connection heap space
will be reduced.  Is that correct?

Erik