You ask too many questions in one go. I will be surprised if anyone
is willing to provide that much assistance all at once.

It appears that you need some more fundamental knowledge about
programming on GNU/Linux and maybe even about programming in C.

Some of your questions are contradictory and suggest you have not
done your own homework before asking others to do it for you.

e.g.
        got a ".so" file. This is obviously a shared library ...

and

        Is a C program that uses sqlite statically linked?

You ask:
>Once I've created a C program that uses sqlite can I administer its database
>with sqlite3 or do I have to write utility programs to create a database,
>tables, view table contents, etc?

Why not try it and see for yourself?

Others have done so and not all of them are smarter than you :-)