On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Samuel Neff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  we ran
>
>  configure
>  make sqlite3.c
>
>  and got an amalgamation with those types defined using unmodified sources
>  from CVS.  Are you saying the types should not be defined?

No - you got what I'd expect: #defines added for all the features of
your local system that the configure script detected.  Since it's a
Linux box, that will include HAVE_GMTIME_R as well as HAVE_STDINT_H.

>  We modified the sqlite3.c file by hand as Brad suggested and it compiles and
>  runs fine, but I agree with Brad that it seems odd to need to edit the file
>  manually.

If you want to create a generic amalgamation (without pre-defined
features like HAVE_STDINT_H), at least currently, you shouldn't use
the configure script to generate your makefile, since the point of
using autoconf is to detect resources (header files, etc.) that aren't
portable.  You can instead start with the pristine source, then:

cp Makefile.linux-gcc Makefile
make sqlite3.c

bypassing the configure script altogether.  That should do what you want

--
Matthew L. Creech