Will do.

Noah
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of D. Richard Hipp
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:55 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Looking for generic speed test results

On Aug 12, 2008, at 2:46 PM, Noah Hart wrote:

>> If you want to do a meaningful speed comparison, then speed1.test
>> should probably be modified to set PRAGMA synchronous=OFF.
>
> Would this be true for all the speed tests?  I'll open a ticket to
> make
> that request.

The speed1.test script was actually designed to measure changes in
performance from one release to the next on my linux workstation.  It
was not designed to measure the relative performance of different
machines.

If you want to measure the relative performance of SQLite on different
machines, please at least audit the speed1.test script first to see if
it is appropriate for the job.

D. Richard Hipp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are
not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not
use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any
information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for
your cooperation.