On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:31:22 +0530, "Satish"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in General Discussion of SQLite
Database <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>:

>Hi!
>

>    I am basically a windows application developer. I am developing an
>application for desktop which uses a database. I choose SQLite as my
>database and my issue is if any one finds my application is using SQLite
>database they can corrupt my database or they can see the contents of my
>database using a program(they can open my SQLite file).

The SQLite database is a normal file. The only thing that
can protect it is the security the Windows filesystem
offers. With NTFS, you have fine grained control over file
access.

>      Now my question is how I can provide security to my database for
>example no one can access my database except my application .how can I
>provide security
>
>Plz provide me best solution to provide security to my database without any
>Data loss.

Use ACL. Run the application in an account that has access
to the file, Refuse access to all other accounts.

--
  (  Kees Nuyt
  )