-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kees Nuyt
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:17 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] SQLite file security

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:31:22 +0530, "Satish"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in General Discussion of SQLite
Database <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>:

>Hi!
>

>    I am basically a windows application developer. I am developing an
>application for desktop which uses a database. I choose SQLite as my
>database and my issue is if any one finds my application is using
SQLite
>database they can corrupt my database or they can see the contents of
my
>database using a program(they can open my SQLite file).

The SQLite database is a normal file. The only thing that
can protect it is the security the Windows filesystem
offers. With NTFS, you have fine grained control over file
access.

>      Now my question is how I can provide security to my database for
>example no one can access my database except my application .how can I
>provide security
>
>Plz provide me best solution to provide security to my database without
any
>Data loss.

Use ACL. Run the application in an account that has access
to the file, Refuse access to all other accounts.

--
  (  Kees Nuyt
  )

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is intended
only for an individual named. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
not disseminate, distribute, store, print, copy or deliver this message. Please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. The
sender, therefore,  does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in
the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
verification is required, please request a hard-copy version.