> Why don't you just do a
>
> DELETE FROM table;
>
> and start inserting new results? (end result is the same as dropping
> and then recreating the table, but you wouldn't know).

I am worried about creeping memory useage, as this is in-memory.
The timing in the app is critical, not on my dev machine, but the final
application (a 3d globe done in Director using an external thread with
sqlite3.exe to query the db in memory).

It should run on lower machines.

> As I referenced in an earlier email, when in doubt, try. When try
> fails, then ask, but don't worry about saving space and time when
> those may not really be the constraining factors. Instead, worry about
> getting your application right, that is, doing what you want it to do
> without having unintended consequences such as rebooting your computer
> or flushing your toilet. Once everything is working, then work slowly
> and carefully to make things faster better cheaper.

It IS doing what I want. However, it does not run on lower-spec machines, which
is why i am trying to optimize anything available.

Christophe Leske

www.multimedial.de - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.linkedin.com/in/multimedial
Lessingstr. 5 - 40227 Duesseldorf - Germany
0211 261 32 12 - 0177 249 70 31