On 11/19/08, Christophe Leske <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Why don't you just do a
> >
> > DELETE FROM table;
> >
> > and start inserting new results? (end result is the same as dropping
> > and then recreating the table, but you wouldn't know).
> >

>  I am worried about creeping memory useage, as this is in-memory.
>  The timing in the app is critical, not on my dev machine, but the final
> application (a 3d globe done in Director using an external thread with
> sqlite3.exe to query the db in memory).
>
>  It should run on lower machines.
>

> > As I referenced in an earlier email, when in doubt, try. When try
> > fails, then ask, but don't worry about saving space and time when
> > those may not really be the constraining factors. Instead, worry about
> > getting your application right, that is, doing what you want it to do
> > without having unintended consequences such as rebooting your computer
> > or flushing your toilet. Once everything is working, then work slowly
> > and carefully to make things faster better cheaper.
> >

>  It IS doing what I want. However, it does not run on lower-spec machines,
> which is why i am trying to optimize anything available.

ahhh... now we are getting somewhere.

Here is a suggestion... start a new thread, with a clear and relevant
subject line, describe your app succinctly, note that it works on such
and such machine, and that it fails to work on such and such machine,
describe exactly what "does not run" mean -- does it not start, does
it start and then hang, does it start and then quit, does it give an
error message, etc., describe the specs of the machine it does not
work on...

That would be very helpful to all.

Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) http://www.osgeo.org/