On 14 Oct 2009, at 5:39am, Dmitri Priimak wrote:

> Yes, I understood that, but the impression I got is that SELECT will
> place shared lock on the database. While INSERT or UPDATE will first
> place PENDING lock indicating that it wants to write.

Okay, I see what you mean.  I don't know how long the write process
will wait for the shared lock to be released before returning an error
message.  If it ever gives up, that is.  If it never gives up, a note
from the developers on what

>> database is locked

means would be useful, since if it never gives up there's never any
reason to generate that error message.  I assume there's a timeout
setting somewhere you can change but I see no PRAGMAs about timeout.

Googling on 'sqlite database is locked' suggests that other people
have discussed this problem.

Simon.