On 14 Oct 2009, at 11:19pm, Roger Binns wrote:

> Simon Slavin wrote:
>> On 14 Oct 2009, at 7:45pm, Pavel Ivanov wrote:
>>
>>> sqlite> .timeout 10000
>>
>> What is it that that command does ?  I looked for a PRAGMA but didn't
>> find one.  Or does it correspond to a check-and-retry loop which the
>> programmer has to do yourself in her or his own code ?
>
> It calls sqlite3_busy_timeout with the value supplied.
>
>  http://sqlite.org/c3ref/busy_timeout.html

I believe that page, and the one it points to

http://sqlite.org/c3ref/busy_handler.html

fill in the missing details.  Thank you.

Now all we need to know is whether the OP's reported error 'database
is locked' from his API is equivalent to one of the SQLite errors
SQLITE_BUSY or SQLITE_IOERR_BLOCKED.  And the answer to that is not
part of SQLite.

Simon.