On Jan 26, 2011, at 11:04 AM, BareFeetWare wrote:

> Yes, it is very unfortunate that INFORMATION_SCHEMA or similar is not
> provided by SQLite,

Agree, SQLite is seriously lacking in that domain :/

> a topic that keeps recurring here in one form or another.

Eh!

> Yu currently have to do your own parsing of the schema to get much of the
> info about columns, triggers, foreign keys etc.

Short of parsing the DDL itself, a concoction of sqlite_master.type,
sqlite_temp_master , pragma database_list, table_info, index_list, index_info,
foreign_key_list is what you have to brew to get a partial data dictionary of
sort:

http://dev.alt.textdrive.com/browser/IMDB/Info.ddl#L68

Oh, well, better than nothing I guess :))