Thinking some more about the occasional instances of "database schema has
changed" that I experience, I took a look through the amalgamation to see where
this error might be being detected. Reading the code and the comments I'm
reminded of something I keep forgetting: that SQLite has no server. And the way
my app operates, it's quite possible that it can ask apache to run three or
four threads more or less simultaneously, each of which may want to modify the
same set of SQLite databases. Each such thread is a PHP script using the PDO
interface; this is under OS X 10.7.1 using whichever apache version/PHP/SQLite
that comes with it (it's all pretty recent, IIRC).

My question now is, if two or more PHP scripts are competing for access to the
same database, is "database schema has changed" a possible outcome?

--
Cheers  --  Tim