On 26 Sep 2011 at 22:40, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> On 26 Sep 2011, at 10:30pm, Tim Streater wrote:

>> My question now is, if two or more PHP scripts are competing for access to
>> the same database, is "database schema has changed" a possible outcome?
>
> Well, let's see what you're actually doing.  The following SQL commands should
> never cause that error: SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, BEGIN, COMMIT.  What other SQL
> commands are you issuing ?  VACUUM or ANALYZE ?  CREATE or DROP ?

For the most part it's going to be SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, BEGIN, COMMIT. Less
often, there's VACUUM. Let me have a look at my logs - OK, when I got the error
today, there was a thread doing a VACUUM on the db which got the error (within
a few seconds, in terms of the log timestamps). The SQL statement being done
when the error was reported was in fact:

  update uids set uid_date='1317028381',rec_date='1317002026' where
uid='UID3335-1298893761'

But, very often the database on which the error occurs is :memory: - and I
guess each thread will have its own one of those.

--
Cheers  --  Tim