On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Keith Chew <keith.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am guess it may have something to do with the locking of the files.
> sqlite could be getting blocked by the filesystem when trying to
> obtain the lock before writing to the file...

This is a stab in the dark... I had a look at the sqlite code, and
noticed that the file lock is acquired using fcntl(F_SETLK). So, when
kjournald wants to flush the data to disk, and sqlite wants to write
to the file at the same time, I guess there will be contention, and
sqlite can only get the lock when the file is free. This explains the
latencies that I am seeing being consistent with the ext3 journal's
parameters. Eg increase commit time removes the contention (thus 0ms
between commits), removing write-cache, disabling barriers all affect
the latency accordingly.

So, if this is the case, how do I get around it?

Regards
Keith