On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> Why ?  I suspect some Mac user would find it just as useful.  And then why
> leave Unix users out ?

Speaking as a member of the Unix-only crowd: please don't! While i admit
that the current behaviour has caused minor amounts of annoyance on my part
(my own fault, as i've been using it long enough to know better), i also
feel that the current behaviour is "correct." i think it's an interesting
idea for Windows, though. Don't have an opinion on Apple installations.

If it could be configured via environment variable, i'd be happy to see it
in Unix, too. e.g. SQLITE3_DEFAULT_DB, if set to a non-empty string, would
be the db which gets automatically opened at startup IFF 1==argc (or some
similar heuristic - maybe always load it if no filename args are provided).

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/