On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 4:18 AM, Török Edwin <edwin+sqli...@etorok.net>wrote:

> On 05/27/2014 02:24 AM, Richard Hipp wrote:
> > Please download beta snapshots of SQLite 3.8.5 from
> > http://www.sqlite.org/download.html and test them in your applications.
>  We
> > hope to release SQLite version 3.8.5 within the next few weeks.
> >
> > See http://www.sqlite.org/draft/releaselog/3_8_5.html for the current
> list
> > of changes in 3.8.5.
> >
> > Please report any problems to this mailing list and/or directly to me.
>
> SQLite 3.8.4.3 still has the SQLITE_PROTOCOL bug with WAL databases [1],
> and I don't see anything about that in the changes list.
> Is it still a know bug in 3.8.5?
>
> I'm confused on whats the status of that bug.
> When I reported the rng fork issue to the ML it got fixed really quickly
> (thanks for that!), but when I asked [1] about the SQLITE_PROTOCOL
> thats been known since 3 years [2] it got ignored.
> Tried opening a ticket, and that one got deleted.

Nothing has changed with SQLITE_PROTOCOL since 3.7.6.

In big bold letters at the top of the ticket entry form, it says:  "Tickets
for issues that have not been previously discussed on the mailing list will
usually be deleted without comment."

If you are getting PROTOCOL errors, then the thing to do is to describe the
circumstances under which the errors occur so that we can begin to try to
understand what is going wrong.
--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org