On 05/27/2014 01:40 PM, Richard Hipp wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 4:18 AM, Török Edwin <edwin+sqli...@etorok.net>wrote:
>
>> On 05/27/2014 02:24 AM, Richard Hipp wrote:
>>> Please download beta snapshots of SQLite 3.8.5 from
>>> http://www.sqlite.org/download.html and test them in your applications.
>>  We
>>> hope to release SQLite version 3.8.5 within the next few weeks.
>>>
>>> See http://www.sqlite.org/draft/releaselog/3_8_5.html for the current
>> list
>>> of changes in 3.8.5.
>>>
>>> Please report any problems to this mailing list and/or directly to me.
>>
>> SQLite 3.8.4.3 still has the SQLITE_PROTOCOL bug with WAL databases [1],
>> and I don't see anything about that in the changes list.
>> Is it still a know bug in 3.8.5?
>>
>> I'm confused on whats the status of that bug.
>> When I reported the rng fork issue to the ML it got fixed really quickly
>> (thanks for that!), but when I asked [1] about the SQLITE_PROTOCOL
>> thats been known since 3 years [2] it got ignored.
>> Tried opening a ticket, and that one got deleted.
>>

> Nothing has changed with SQLITE_PROTOCOL since 3.7.6.
>
> In big bold letters at the top of the ticket entry form, it says:  "Tickets
> for issues that have not been previously discussed on the mailing list will
> usually be deleted without comment."

OK my bad, I thought the ML discussion I found in the archives from 3 years ago
counted as 'discussed'.

> If you are getting PROTOCOL errors, then the thing to do is to describe the
> circumstances under which the errors occur so that we can begin to try to
> understand what is going wrong.

The circumstances are very similar to those described in this commit (in a
different application though):
https://github.com/NixOS/nix/commit/d05bf044441dbf8e000036d545df9689bdec0b72

I'll create a testcase that illustrates my problem and get back to you.

Best regards,
--Edwin