From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org]
On Behalf Of Scott Robison
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2014 4:56 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Encrypted database

Apologies for the noise from the empty reply. They shouldn't put "send" &
"expand quote" buttons so close together.

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 4:40 AM, Mujtaba Ali Panjwani <mapanjw...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well, I have tried various applications like Navicat premium, SQlite
> sorcerer, sqlite manager and a lot others whose names I don’t remember
> right now. Currently only sqlite sorcerer seems to be getting to some
> point but when I provide incorrect password, it says that it is wrong
> password but when correct password is supplied then it just does
> nothing and stays still.

I've read on the list before that the encryption functionality built into the
system.data.sqlite library is specific to system.data.sqlite. While that
library is supported via this mailing list, most tools that can read SQLite
databases are not written using system.data.sqlite, so they do not have access
to that specific encryption functionality. While it certainly would be possible
for someone to port it to C (or to write a database browsing tool with C# or
other .NET language), it has not been done as far as I know.

There are multiple incompatible encryption extensions that have been written
for SQLite by third parties (including the one in system.data.sqlite, which I
believe predates its inclusion as a subproject of SQLite). There is also one
that is offered by the project lead as an extra add-on (not public domain).
Details are available at http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/cerod.html though I
doubt it would help you in this specific case.

SDR