From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of jus...@postgresql.org
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2014 3:37 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Encrypted database

On 2014-12-13 19:29, Mujtaba Ali Panjwani wrote:
> I have created an encrypted database using visual studio plugin of
> system.data.sqlite. Now whichever other database management software
> than VS, I try to open that database is failing. Can any of you please
> help me with issue. I suspect this is some sort of encryption
> algorithm support problem but I don't know how to resolve the issue.

We have a similar open issue with DB Browser for SQLite:

   https://github.com/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser/issues/155

Apparently (from that issue), the encryption algorithm used by
System.Data.SQLite is SQLCipher:

   https://www.zetetic.net/sqlcipher/

Our nightly builds for MacOS X support that, as does compiling DB Browser
for SQLite yourself on *nix using our latest development code.  But, we
don't support SQLCipher encryption in our Windows builds (yet).

Do you have access to a MacOS X, Linux, or BSD desktop you could try with?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift